Presenter: Thom Rogers, ND
February 6, 2019
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
About the presenter
Thom Rogers, ND is a Naturopathic Physician practicing in Corvallis, Oregon at Core Vitality Naturopathic Clinic. He graduated from Bastyr University in 2000. He has taught naturopathic dermatology, orthopedics, minor surgery, and medical procedures at Bastyr University. In his clinic practice, he currently combines integrative naturopathy, functional medicine, nutritional approaches and microbiome optimization to improve health outcomes.
- Description of the gut-brain axis
- Current research on the microbiome and the gut immune system
- The pathophysiology involving the gut-brain axis disturbanceleading to a loss of integrity of the blood-brain barrier and CNScinflammation
- Current research relating to psychiatric disorders and gut-brain axis dysfunction
- How to identify clients who may have gut-brain axis dysfunction
First Alternative (SOUTH Co-op) Meeting Room, 1007 SE 3rd St, Corvallis
***In terms of parking for this event, it is best to get directions to Purple Moon
Coffee drive-through at 320 SE Chapman Place, Corvallis, OR 97333.
PARKING: If you will be shopping at the Co-op, in addition to attending our meeting, please park in the lot on the north side of the Co-op building. If you will not be shopping, please park on SE Chapman Place (the cul-de-sac north of the Co-op), or at the BMX track off of SE Chapman Place, or in the parking lot adjacent to the blue warehouse east of the Co-op.
MEETING ROOM: The South Co-op Meeting Room is in a building east of the Coop main building. Entry to the Meeting Room is just behind the Purple Moon
Coffee drive-through, at the northwest corner of the Meeting Room building.
- 6:30-7:00 Eat and meet
- 7:00-8:00 Presentation/discussion
- EBHA members: Attendance FREE
- Non-members: Attendance $10 payable by cash or check at the event, or become an EBHA member and enjoy these and other member benefits! Your membership application and payment can be processed at the event if you bring the completed application form.
- Please contact us with further questions
NO REGISTRATION IS NECESSARY, BUT PLEASE INDICATE YOUR PLANS SO WE CAN PREPARE FOR THE SIZE OF THE GROUP